Monday, March 10, 2014

Selfish

I’m the type of the person who is always trying to do everything or over extending myself. I constantly agree to things before I even know if I am able to. One problem is I love helping people and forget to take account of my well-being. When my life gets complicated by trying to do too much, I begin to get little panic attacks. At these moments, I sit back and take deep breaths saying to myself, “It’s alright.” Then, I make a mental checklist of everything and when it needs to be completed. I go over what I would need to do in order for everything to be accomplished. At this point, the panic has subsided and I feel better. In the past, I have usually managed to complete everything, but at the sacrifice of my own personal needs. New plan, learn to say no and don’t rely on distractions to forget my own problems. Easier said than done, but I have been saying no and working on being at least a little selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment